Featured Post

15 Potential Stars of The Combine

By Red Zone Insider 1. Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan 2. Leonard Fournette, RB LSU 3. Mike Williams, WR Clemson 4. Myles Garrett, DE ...

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Cortezz Nixon Interview


By Red Zone Insider

I hope you will enjoy this interview. I think you will it thought provoking.

Cortezz is 5-10, 180, with a 40-time of 4.49


For people who do not know your story, how did you end up choosing Charlotte?

    I actually started my college career at Lenoir Rhyne because UNC Charlotte didn’t have a team yet. So I went there and redshirted my freshmen year. After spending a year there I transferred to UNC-Charlotte.  My first year here we just practiced for a full year before we started actually playing games.

Since you are from a smaller school, How do you plan on making yourself stand out?

Just by my performance, I’m going to let my work I do on the field speak for me.

What separates you from the other players at your position?

    Some DB’s don’t want to come up and tackle, and I think that’s what separates me because I don’t mind at all coming up and getting physical.

Is their a specific NFL player that you try to model your game after?

   Joe Haden, just because we are pretty much the same size and the swagger that he has and plays with is what I try to resemble my game after.

Who is the toughtest player you'ved ever faced in your career?

Matt Hazel a WR for the Miami Dolphins

How do you prepare for game day, and do you have any game day rituals?
On game days I like to just stay to myself and listen to music. I feel like that is the best way to keep my loose and focused at the same time.

What was your favorite play/moment at Charlotte?

My favorite moment or play at UNC-Charlotte was actually being on the field on the first ever play in school history. It was just a atmosphere that can never be replayed.

What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?

My strength would be my I.Q of the game, and I would say my weakness is catching sometime. Out of 10 passes I’ll probably catch 7, but I know I need to get that to at least 9 out of 10.

Coming out of high school, what programs showed interest in you?

I wasn’t the biggest guy coming out of high school the only major FBS program was Duke and that wasn’t anything major, just a letter here and there. I had a lot of D2 programs showing interest. Some was D2 powerhouses such as Lenoir Rhyne and Carson Newman. I pretty much had interest from every D2 SAC school coming out of high school.

What areas of your game are you trying to improve?

Ball skills

What do you enjoy most about football?
 
The fact that it’s the ultimate team sport and the bond you develop with your teammates is something that can’t be found anywhere else. Also it’s the most physical sport in the world to.

What is the most important trait for a Wide Receiver?

The most important trait is for a WR is catching the ball, if you ask me.

Finish the sentence, Cortezz Nixon is?

Cortezz Nixon is a hard working, passionate player who is trying to turn his childhood dream into a career.

What makes you an unique individual?

The thing that makes me unique is that I can adapt to pretty much any situation.

Which underclassman on your team should people keep an eye on?

On offense Kalif Phillips, he a power back with speed, and on defense Daquan Lucas, he is a OLB but can play in the secondary at the next and he bring a lot of speed and physicality.

Do you think playing for a small school helps or hurts you as you try to climb the charts among the top Receivers in the nation?

I actually play CB, but being from a CUSA school hurts some because we don’t get as much exposure as the power 5 schools. 

We Would like to thank Cortezz for doing this interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment