Featured Post

15 Potential Stars of The Combine

By Red Zone Insider 1. Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan 2. Leonard Fournette, RB LSU 3. Mike Williams, WR Clemson 4. Myles Garrett, DE ...

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Juquelle Thompson Interview


By Red Zone Insider

I hope you will enjoy reading the interview. He is a very unique individual who really knows what is important in life.

Juquelle is 6-0 175 with a 40 time of 4.40


 For people who do not know your story, how did you end up choosing Fort Lewis?
 
played at city college of san Francisco for 2 years and I spent an extra year to get my AA degree, I was told my clock is running out for D1 so D2 was my only option, Coach John L. Smith called me up and asked if I wanted to play for FLC and I told him I need to  finish a few classes before I can accept the offer but id love for the opportunity to play ball again. I finished the classes with outstanding grades and called coach up to see if he still had the offer for me and that's how I ended up at FLC.

Since you are from a smaller school, How do you plan on making yourself stand out?

I don't believe anyone is better than I am just because they played at a higher level than I did, I am a ball player and I have been since I was 7 and scouts will see that when I am on the field doing me!

What separates you from the other players at your position?

I'm versatile, I can throw the ball & I can return kicks and punts

Is their a specific NFL player that you try to model your game after?

Deandre Hopkins, he runs precise routes and he attacks the ball I wouldn't say I try to model his game or anyone else but I love the way he competes, and if I can be on his level I think i'm alright.

Who is the toughest player you have ever faced in your college career?

C.J Roberts because he was the most athletic and because it was my first game in D2

How do you prepare for game day, and do you have any game day rituals?

watch highlights of other players and listen to music

What was your favorite play/moment at Fort Lewis?

beating #2 CSU Pueblo during my first start at FLC and had the game winning touchdown and following up 4 days later with 2 touchdowns against #12 Colorado Mines on FLC first ever national tv game

What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?

speed, finesse, awareness, big play ability, competiveness my weakness would probably be my strength

Coming out of high school, what programs showed interest in you?

SJSU, Nevada, Fresno St

What areas of your game are you trying to improve?

hand fighting to create separation

What was your childhood like?

10 steps forward 5 steps back. some how some way something would try to hold me back if it was moving schools/homes to only having one parent to winning championships to standing out being the only black kid in class in elementary to being one of many in high school it was a rollercoaster.  but its what made me who I am today, my live hasn't had a dull moment and I cant say that's a bad thing!

What do you enjoy most about football?

if it isn't the fans showing all their emotions good or bad its how you feel after making a big play in critical moments.

What is the most important trait for a Wide Receiver?

running the right route with the correct depth and most importantly catching the ball.

Finish the sentence, Jaquelle Thompson is?

going to be successful!

What makes you an unique individual?

everything ive been through, some would say I shouldn't be in this position now. its a blessing to be apart of this process
 
Which underclassman on your team should people keep an eye on?

RS freshman CB Malcolm Wright I went against him all year long because he was on scout and he was the one corner with the brightest upside

Using one word how would you describe your style of play?
 
Finesse

We would like to thank Juquelle for doing this interview.
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment