Featured Post

15 Potential Stars of The Combine

By Red Zone Insider 1. Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan 2. Leonard Fournette, RB LSU 3. Mike Williams, WR Clemson 4. Myles Garrett, DE ...

Monday, January 18, 2016

Christian Collis Interview


By Red Zone Insider

I think you will find this interview to be an eye opener. He has good knowledge of what he wants out of football and his life in general.

He is 6-0 200

For people who do not know your story, how did you end up choosing Middle Tennessee State?

Middle Tennessee was one of my few offers coming out of high school. They immediately stood out to me because of how often they would send me letters and visit my school.  After my official visit, everything about the school felt right, so I decided to commit there.

Since you are from a smaller school, How do you plan on making yourself stand out?

My performaces at the combines and pro day will make me stand out. I will show the scouts that no matter how small the school, I can still compete with the best.


What separates you from the other players at your position?

My physicality and my ability to read coverages sets me apart from most receivers. My work ethic seperates me from others at my position along with my explosiveness and strength.

Is their a specific NFL player that you try to model your game after?

I like to model my game after Julio Jones. But I see myself more like Roddy White.

Who is the toughest player you have ever faced in your college career?

Toughest player was probably Marlon Humphery, Alabama CB or Darius Slay, Mississippi State CB (Detroit Lions)

How do you prepare for game day, and do you have any game day rituals?
On game day I listen to music, stretch, and zone everything else out.

What was your favorite play/moment at Middle Tennessee State?

Favorite play was the last second vertical play to beat Marshall as the clock hit 0 in 2013. Favorite moment was when we beat Georgia Tech 49-28 at their stadium in 2012.

What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths- 
My ability to get off of press coverage, I have great hands, crisp routes, explosive, can find holes in zone coverage, and the ability to attack the ball at the highest point.
 
Weaknesses-
I would like to work on my top end speed. I have good acceleration, but I want to become faster down the field.
 
Coming out of high school, what programs showed interest in you?
 
Middle Tennessee, Arkansas State, South Alabama, UAB, and Troy showed interest coming out of high school.
 
What areas of your game are you trying to improve?
 
I want to improve my top end speed and becoming a little quicker.
 
What was your childhood like?
 
I had a pretty good childhood with great parents to guide the way. There were many ups and downs, but It has made me the person I am today.
 
What do you enjoy most about football?
 
I enjoy the competitiveness about football the most and the teamwork that is required to become successful.

What is the most important trait for a Wide Receiver?

Most important trait of a Wide Receiver is to be able to get open no matter what.

Finish the sentence, Christian Collis is?

Christian Collis is hard working, passionate athlete that is striving to be the best in the world at what he does on and off the field.

What makes you an unique individual?

I'm unique because I not only want to be the best receiver, but I want to be the best at whatever I do in life.
Using one word how would you describe your style of play?

Aggressive.

Describe your overall career?

My career wont have the GODly stats that most people are looking for, but my film will speak for itself.
We would like to thank Christian for doing this interview.
 

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment